Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord. -Luke 1:45



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summertime

What is it about summer? The days seem to fly by. I used to think it was because those were the only days in which I was "free" from the confines of school and order. I could sleep as late as I wanted and summer usually meant vacation in Alabama........family, the river, fireworks........ahhh the good ole' days! Now that I'm grown only one thing has changed. Work is here no matter the season. For some reason, though, even with the longest days of the whole year......they seem to fly by still.

It's weird that even though time seems to be passing so quickly this year that I still find myself waiting. Waiting for the go ahead from my doctor and my body to begin a new cycle of treatment. I know I've proclaimed several "parts" of this whole process to be my least favorite......but really....this time that I'm in right now has got to be the worst! Waiting.......waiting......waiting. Not really any bad news for a few weeks but just no news at all. I'm left waiting...and wondering if maybe our miracle has come and we just don't know it yet, or if my body is trying to "kick" itself into gear to begin another round, or if it's just not cooperating. During this time things seem to be quiet.......from the doctor's office, from my body, and even from God. I know that sometimes He gives us seasons of "quietness".......and I'm ok. Over the last couple of weeks some things have really been impressed upon my heart as I ponder and pray about things. A certain contemporary christian song comes to mind, actually....." I'm trading my sorrows" I have heard this song for years....and it's always been ok.......until now. Now it's my anthem. Isn't it funny how God can take something that you've heard or read for years and then reveal it to you again when you need it the most. Yes....I am waiting. Yes....I am wondering. Yes.....at times I'm even questioning..............but no matter what......the joy of the Lord will be my strength. Though the sorrow may last for the night.........the joy comes in the morning!



1 comment:

  1. Without really knowing what to say, I have to say that I love that song too! You need to cling to that song and the words, and whenever you get discouraged or frustrated, sing it, Baby! You can't sing that song without feeling the hope and encouragement that it brings. :) I love you and Josh very much and can't wait until it is your turn. I will be first in line(well, behind your family of coarse!) to hug you and congratulate you, and be there for you in every way that I can!

    ReplyDelete